Rivers of Light Debuts April 22 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
The magic of nature after dark takes center stage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park when the all-new ‘Rivers of Light’ waterside show premieres April 22, Earth Day – marking the Walt Disney World theme park’s thrilling transformation from a day-into-nighttime experience.
- ‘Rivers of Light’, an immersive nighttime extravaganza blending performers, floating lanterns, special effects and stunning theatrical imagery projected upon giant water screens, will premiere in a new Discovery River waterside theater.
- The park’s iconic Tree of Life will awaken each night amid a lively celebration of Discovery Island music and dance. Through stunning visuals, animal spirits appear and enchanted fireflies reveal stories of wonder as the tree morphs to showcase the magic of nature.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris transitions to a new nighttime adventure. Each evening, the popular Kilimanjaro Safaris daytime experience is artfully bathed in the look of sunset with special lighting allowing guests to explore and enjoy this attraction well into the night
- For the first time, hyenas and African wild dogs join the safari trail creature feature.
- Hungry adventurers can have lunch or dinner at the new Tiffins signature restaurant, opening later this summer on Discovery Island. Guests seated in the restaurant’s travel themed dining rooms or on the waterfront patio can sip libations and savor dishes featuring African, Asian and South American flavors.
The video below is courtesy of The Disney Parks Blog and it gives us first look at some of the illuminated lanterns, water screens, moving fountains, light projections and other amazing elements that will be featured in “Rivers of Light.”
- ‘Zootopia’-themed expansion coming to Shanghai Disneyland - January 22, 2019
- Disney’s New Riviera Resort Now Accepting Reservations - January 22, 2019
- 2019 Pro Bowl Events Return to ESPN Wide World of Sports at Walt Disney World Resort. - January 22, 2019